Master wordpress without coding knowledge
- No prior knowledge of WordPress is required as everything will be covered in this course.
- You will need a working computer and a web browser connected to the internet..
- You don’t need any coding experience at all. That is the beauty of WordPress.
Who this course is for
- If you want to learn WordPress without paying for a web host, this course is perfect. I’ll show you how you can install WordPress on your very own computer while you learn.
- This course is for you if you want to build a website, whether for personal or business reasons.
- If you want to learn to master WordPress without getting bogged down with technical jargon, this course is for you.
- This course is perfect for you if you are taking over an existing WordPress website, or want to build one from scratch, but don’t know where to start.
- This course is for anyone that wants to be the WordPress goto guy or gal.
Have you ever wanted to build a professional looking website, but didn’t know where to start? Now you can. Wordpress for Beginners is a complete course for anyone, no matter what your technical ability. This course assumes no prior knowledge!
At the start of the course, I’ll walk you through setting up WordPress on your own computer so that you don’t need to pay for a web host (or a domain name) while you master wordpress. When you decide you want to put a website online, you can then watch over-my-shoulder as I buy a domain name and hosting, and install WordPress online.
Whether you decide to host your site on your own computer, or at a web host, you’ll be ready to start mastering WordPress. We’ll start at the very beginning by logging in to have a look around to familiarize ourselves with the main areas of the Dashboard.
Once you are happy navigating around your new tools, we’ll go through the main features you will need as you create your site, including:
- The WYSIWYG Editor. This is where you enter all of your website content.
- The Media Library, to manage your images, videos, sound files and other media you want to share on your site.
- WordPress Settings, and I’ll take you step by step to set those up just right.
- We’ll look at the differences between WordPress posts and pages, and I’ll give you a simple way of knowing which one to use on any occasion.
- We’ll look at post excerpts, categories and tags, and how to use them on a well-structured site to maximize visitor experience and search engine ranking benefits.
- You’ll see the two main ways you can set your homepage up.
- We’ll create a contact form on the site so visitors can get in touch.
- We’ll setup an About us page, and I’ll explain why this page is important and what information to include on it.
- We’ll cover the legal pages you need.
- We’ll discuss the navigation system on your site, and how you can set up customized navigation in the header, sidebar or footer of your site. We’ll also talk about internal site linking.
- We’ll cover WordPress security, and set up a system that will keep the site safe from hackers.
- We’ll check out some great free plugins.
- Finally, I’ll give you a 20 step plan for creating your site.
By the end of this course, you will have a website that you are truly proud of.
Please note that the course you are going to access will be done with pre-recorded videos and some pdf files !